|E & G Resorts - Nashik|
The city of Nashik in Maharashtra has been India’s representative for finest wines across the globe. Apart from many places of historic importance and scenic trek locations, Nashik is also known for wide acres of grape plantations that grows grapes from different categories. The E & G Spa resort in Naashik welcomes guests with open arms and gives them an opportunity to explore nature at its best. Some of the most popular ones seen here Sauvignon blanc, Zinfandel, Chenin blanc and Clairette –
- Sauvignon Blanc – This type of grape is used in the making of classic white wine. More popular in Bordeaux and Loire regions of France, it can also be seen here.
- Zinfandel – This type of grape is mainly used in the making of robust red wine and is more commonly found in California. You may also come across white Zinfandel varieties of wines along with the popular blush varieties of wines. This type is also indeed quite popular in the domestic market.
- Chenin Blanc – In India and many other places this type is more popularly known as White Pinot (Pinot Blanco). Originated in France, it is known there as Pineau de la Loire, and Steen in South Africa. The best part here is that, it indeed has a sweet flavour and is left to age well for nearly about 10 years.
Apart from these some of the other popular ones across the globe are –
- Barbarossa - This type of grape is used in the making of red wine grape variety that can be found in Italy, France and the Balkan regions. The wines produced here are reportedly very robust and have been aged very well to make its stronger with tile.
- Cabernet Franc - This grape variety is said to have partly given rise to the ever popular Cabernet Sauvignon region. This variety is mainly found in cooler and damper conditions than the Cabernet Sauvignon grape.
- Chardonnay - This variety is stated to be the best-known white wine grape producer in France. Such plantations can also be seen in locations like Burgundy and Chablis regions. Australia and New Zealand have also succeeded in producing great wines from the chardonnay grape.